Mary L. Donner
McHenry County Board Member, District 3
Growing and Green
McHenry County Resident for 35 years
County Board Member Since 2006
Things I've learned in life:
· You can't do anything about the milk that is already spilt. Clean up the mess and be more careful next time.
· Go out and play - but not until the work is done.
· If you have to borrow money, do it from your own savings and pay it back!
· Don't put anything on a credit card that you won't see when the bill comes. Along with that, never charge anything you can not pay off at the end of the month.
· Be faith filled – it keeps you balanced and is a heck of a fountain from which to draw strength.
· To those who are blessed comes added responsibility to give back.
· Stay humble – it keeps you honest.
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem, and Smarter than you Think..."
- Christopher Robin to Pooh
Working on Intergovernmental Cooperation - Connecting Communities
� Coordinator - Rockford Diocese Deaf Ministry for McHenry County Deanery
� Volunteer - Midwest Center for Children with Disabilities
� Nunda Township Trustee
� McHenry County Board Liaison to McHenry County Housing Authority
� Attended Tri-State Summit on Growing Sustainable Communities - Dubuque, IA, September 2007
� Attended Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning - Climate Change Summit, December 2007
· Liaison to the Veterans Assistance Commission and Mental Health Board
· Member of the Land Conservancy and Environmental Defenders
· Member of Senator Mark Kirk's Women's Advisory Committee.
· Public Health and Human Services Committee
· Finance and Audit Committee
· Planning and Development Committee
· Pace Blue Ribbon Committee on Paratransit
· McHenry Deanery - Deaf Interpreter
READ MORE FROM THE DAILY HERALD
� Corporate Administrator
Come back soon to see my new website!